Simple, flavorful, and perfect any time of the day. This is one of my favorite breads to make, and it’s awesome to walk into the house while banana bread is baking!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 medium bananas (very dark brown or black on the outside is best)
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Butter and flour an 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 loaf pan.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, mash bananas. Whisk butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla into bananas until blended.
- Using a rubber spatula, scrape sides and add dry ingredients in 3 parts. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake on middle rack and place loaf pan on top of two cookie sheets (to prevent burning).
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Be sure to check at the 40 minute mark.