Credit: Janet Wargo
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs
- (1) 14-16 oz. bag shredded cabbage Marinade ingredients
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 cloves minced garlic
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients.
- Dip each chicken thigh (both sides) in marinade to coat.
- Brown chicken thighs (both sides) in frying pan (no need for oil or anything added to the pan as the marinade will serve as the coating).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and spread about 2/3 of the shredded cabbage in the dish.
- Layer browned chicken thighs over the cabbage and add the remainder of cabbage over the thighs. Pour any remaining marinade from the bowl and frying pan over the entire dish (you can also add more soy sauce over the dish if desired).
- Cover with foil or a silicone baking mat and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice (I start making the rice during the last 10 minutes of bake time).