Skip to content
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter (3 sticks)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 oz. jar seedless red raspberry jam
- Powdered sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix the butter and sugar until just combined.
- Add vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, and salt. Add slowly to the butter mixture and mix on low until the ingredients start to come together.
- Shape the dough into a flat disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll dough to 3/8 – 1/2 inch thickness. Use your favorite cookie cutters or cookie stamps (I use the Williams-Sonoma Thumbprint Cookie Stamp Set of 3).
- Place cookies on cookie sheet using a silicone baking mat or parchment paper (I prefer the mats). FREEZE FOR 10 MINUTES BEFORE BAKING!
- Bake for 21-22 minutes. You may need to push the centers back down a bit if using the cookie stamps. Let cool.
- Using a plastic bag or piping bag, pipe jam into the centers of cookies. Dust with powdered sugar.