Gotta love a slow cooker! It’s nice to just pop something in and forget about it. This recipe is very easy and so delicious (not to mention a healthier option than Chinese takeout, although that is delicious too)!
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pounds broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked rice (any kind of rice you prefer: white, brown, jasmine, etc.)
- Crumble beef bouillon cube into warm water in a bowl and stir to dissolve.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and sesame oil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add beef cubes to slow cooker and pour sauce mixture over the beef.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 4 hours
- Spoon 2 tablespoons liquid from the slow cooker into a bowl. Whisk cornstarch into the liquid and stir the cornstarch mixture into the liquid in the slow cooker until consistent in color.
- Cook on high until the sauce thickens, about 30 minutes.
- Steam broccoli (I use a steamer basket. Fill a pot with water to just below the steamer basket. Add broccoli to basket, cover, and steam on high for 5-6 minutes. You can also steam the broccoli in the microwave by covering the bottom of a microwave-safe dish with water, adding the broccoli, covering, and microwaving for 5-6 minutes)
- Add broccoli to slow cooker and stir to coat.
- Ladle slow cooker beef and broccoli over rice.
This recipe was adapted from http://www.allrecipes.com by Debbie Amador