Easily my favorite dinner to make (and eat)! Chicken can be tricky. It’s very easy to overcook and dangerous to undercook. It can be dry, tasteless, and just downright gross! But, with the right ingredients and flare, it can be one of the most versatile dishes. This is by far my favorite chicken recipe. Anything involving spinach and feta, in my opinion, is a recipe worth trying.
- 4 chicken breasts (or 2 chicken breasts if they are very large and thick)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- (1) 16 oz. bag fresh spinach (you can also use frozen, but I’ve only ever used fresh as it is much easier to handle)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- If using 4 breasts, use a meat mallet to beat thin and wide making sure each breast is about the same thickness. If using 2 thick breasts, slice them in half to make 4 pieces, then beat them until thin and wide.
- Cook spinach in garlic and oil until it is cooked down. Add in the feta cheese and mix well.
- Add the spinach mixture to the top of each breast.
- Wrap the chicken like a burrito and secure with a toothpick (or two).
- Roll each breast in bread crumbs making sure to coat the entire outside of the breast.
- Place breasts in a glass baking dish and pour butter over each one.
- Bake for 30 minutes.