Gotta love Trisha Yearwood! Her recipes are amazing. I haven’t come across one I haven’t loved so far. This one is courtesy of Trisha from her Food Network show, Trisha’s Southern Kitchen.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until smooth.
- Fold in the cheese and tomatoes and set aside.
- In a medium oven-safe frying pan (I use a cast-iron skillet) over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the onion and saute until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach and cook until almost set, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven and broil until golden brown on top, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn out onto a serving plate.