Spinach & Pesto Pasta Salad
I love this recipe because of its versatility. It is delicious when it is first made while the noodles are still warm, and it is just as good once it’s been chilled. It can easily be made into a main dish by adding chicken or shrimp, and there are endless possibilities to what you can add depending on your taste (cucumbers, peas, carrots, asparagus, olives, broccoli, just about anything)! I also like to try different pasta shapes and colors.
- (1) 7 oz. container of Pesto with basil
- (1) 9 oz. package of pasta
- (1) 16 oz. package fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1 cup halved, thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Feta cheese to top
- Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse and drain.
- Combine pasta, spinach, tomato, and onion in a large bowl.
- Combine pesto, lemon juice, and salt in a small bowl and add to the pasta mixture, toss well.
- Top with feta cheese and serve immediately or refrigerate.