Skip to content
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat butter and sugar until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs and egg yolks and mix until well combined.
- Add in vanilla and almond extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly add the flour to the butter mixture on low speed. Mix until just combined.
- Shape dough into two separate disks and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for one hour (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 350 when you are ready to bake.
- Working with one refrigerated disk at a time, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness (for this I recommend a rolling pin that has measurement rings). Cut out cookies using your favorite shapes.
- Add cut-out shapes to a baking sheet using a silicone baking mat. Put the baking sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes (this will help the cookies hold their shape).
- Bake 13-14 minutes.