Skip to content
Texas Toast French Toast
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 slices Texas toast
- Heat skillet over low-medium heat.
- Mix all ingredients (except the bread) with a whisk or blender. Add mixture to 8×8 (or smaller) dish for dipping (anything square is best).
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture, both sides, making sure to dredge well to cover the whole surface.
- Use cooking spray or butter to grease the pan.
- Increase heat to medium and cook each slice a few minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with your favorite toppings.
- We love making these in bulk and they freeze beautifully. Cool completely and store in airtight container or freezer-safe plastic bag.
- A blender works better for me when mixing the ingredients. A whisk is okay to use too, and small clumps of flour are fine, I just prefer the mixture to be smooth.