Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 packed brown sugar (I use the light brown sugar)
- 1 cup butter (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 package semisweet chocolate chips (12 ounce package).
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix sugars, butter, vanilla, and egg in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a 1-inch cookie scoop (or making dough balls about 1 inch), add dough to ungreased cookie sheet or onto a silicone baking mat. NOTE: I always use baking mats as they are fantastic for getting a perfect cookie texture!
- Bake 9-10 minutes or until light brown with soft centers.
- Let cool for one minute before moving cookies to a wire rack for cooling.